Life settlements are a very simple product. A life settlement is the sale of an existing life insurance policy to an institutional investor. The investor takes over all the premium payments and the owner receives a cash payment that is higher than the current cash surrender value, but lower than the face amount of the policy.
At Genesis, we make the process even simpler for you. In just five easy steps, you can sell your policy to pay medical bills, reduce debt, fund a retirement plan, pay for long-term care or even purchase new insurance coverage.
The Genesis Experience:
1. Fill out paperwork. A short application and a couple of release forms give us all the information we need to build a case for your policy.
2. Underwriting. We obtain the medical records, life expectancy, and carrier items necessary to sell your policy on the secondary market.
3. The policy goes to market. As a complete life settlement brokerage, we take your case to a much wider market of potential buyers, obtaining the most competitive offers for any policy.
4. Offers come in. As providers bid on your case, we bring you the most lucrative offers and explain the details so that you can make the decision that is right for you.
5. Closing and payment. Once you sign closing contracts, and the ownership and beneficiary of the policy change at the carrier, funds are sent via check or wire transfer within three business days.
For many policyowners, education is the key to making decisions that will maximize their assets and provide for their financial goals. To learn more about life settlements and how to offer this valuable option to your clients, visit genesislifesettlements.com or email us directly to talk one-on-one with a Genesis advisor.